Gregory James Aziz is the Chairman, President, and CEO of National Steel Car. Located in Hamilton, Ontario, National Steel Car is an industry leader in railroad freight car engineering and manufacturing.
What do you know about Greg Aziz? Here are just a few of the numerous facts there are to learn about him.
Top Facts About Gregory J Aziz
* Greg was born in London, Ontario, in 1949.
* He was educated at Ridley College.
* He also majored in economics at the University of Western Ontario.
* Greg entered the workforce in 1971, joining Affiliated Foods, his family’s wholesale food business.
* With Greg’s help, Affiliated Foods grew into a major player in the fresh foods industry; it imported goods from Europe, Central, and South America, and distributed them to major fresh food wholesale markets across the United States and Eastern Canada.
* During the late 1980s and early 1990s, Greg worked on a number of successful investment banking opportunities in New York.
* In 1994, Greg Aziz organized the purchase of National Steel Car. He was intent on revitalizing this once great Canadian company and transforming it into the leading railroad freight car manufacturer for North America.
* Within just 5 short years, Greg grew the company’s production from 3,500 cars per year to 12,000 cars and its staff of employees from approximately 600 to nearly 3,000.
* Greg’s company, National Steel Car, is the only railroad freight car, engineering, and manufacturing company in North America to be certified ISO 9001:2008; it has proudly had this certification for the past 18 years through numerous rounds of recertification.
* Under Greg’s leadership, National Steel Car has also consistently received the TTX SECO award 13 for over a decade.
* Greg is greatly honored to lead a company that enjoys financial success in a way that is socially responsible. National Steel Car supports a number of local charities, including Theatre Aquarius, the Hamilton Opera, Salvation Army, and the United Way, to name just a few.
* Greg’s dedication to social responsibility is reflected in the generous spirit of his thousands of employees past and present who have participated in National Steel Car’s major food drive to support local food banks.
* Greg and his wife Irene are proud sponsors of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, which has become Canada’s most prominent agricultural fair.
See This Article for related information.